New Ad Campaign Spotlights a Natural Diamond’s Positive Impact on Vulnerable Communities
The Natural Diamond Council’s new ad campaign titled, “Thank You, By the Way,” communicates the massive socioeconomic benefits generated by the diamond mining industry. The campaign targets jewelry consumers, who now more than ever before want to know where their products come from, and the impact their purchases have on the producing countries and local communities.
Via the campaign, consumers learn that by choosing a natural diamond, they’ll make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people in the most remote corners of the earth. In the example, above, consumers learn that their marriage proposal with a natural diamond protects endangered rhinos and safeguards 200,000 hectares across Southern Africa.
Created with the support of the Responsible Jewellery Council, the series of nine creative executions can been seen across the NDC’s social media channels, with a dedicated page on Only Natural Diamonds.
“This isn’t a new topic for the diamond industry,” said David Kellie, CEO of the Natural Diamond Council. “For the last two decades the industry has been doing this work, putting sustainability at the forefront of everything they do. But now more than ever, consumers have an appetite for it, they want to know the impact of what they are buying, and how their purchases are contributing to the regions and communities producing them. Through this campaign, we would like to thank our consumers for their trust and support in doing good around us.”
On the NDC website, consumers learn that their natural diamond purchase has far-reaching positive effects, building healthier, more prosperous futures for people in vulnerable communities.
A natural diamond purchase will do the following:
- Contribute $16 billion of annual benefits for our world. That includes healthcare, jobs, education, biodiversity and infrastructure.
- Support the livelihood of 10 million people around the world.
- Help provide access to healthcare for more than 4 million people.
- Help provide access to education for children around the world, including more than a half million children in rural communities.
- Benefit the indigenous communities of Canada’s Northwest Territories with investments aimed at all age groups, from preschoolers to elders.
- Invest in livelihoods at the source – from nurturing local business start-ups, to building new schools, roads and hospitals.
- Help fund more than 400 women-owned businesses across Africa.
- Help protect biodiversity over an area of land the size of Paris, London and New York City.
- Help protect the lives of millions of wild animals globally, saving threatened species from extinction.
Credit: Image courtesy of The Natural Diamond Council.